Sunday, February 1, 2009

Today I Was Blessed!!!

I was so blessed today.........I have been spending alot of down time hanging around the hotel in Oakland on my Ready Reserve. The month of January & February are typically slow, so we are not flying much. I've made alot of new friends in the meantime.............Last night some of us were going out to dinner and one of the girls mentioned that she was going to have to become a Catholic tomorrow (Sunday) because their was a Catholic church across the street from our hotel and she felt the need to go to church! So..................we decided since I had the only car, after eating we should look for a church that we could all attend! We literally found three LARGE crosses with a light shinning on them and knew it must be a church. It was The Neighborhood Community Church! We checked the times and decided that the three of us would meet in the lobby @ 10:00 am in the morning. Much to my surprise when I arrived in the lobby this morning there were four ladies waiting for a ride to church, a total of five of us! We attended a wonderful service, a lady on each side of me was brought to tears..............God is so good! I had been sharing with Loren my concern that I was where God wanted to use me or not! I defiantly found my answer...........God will use you when you allow interruptions to turn into opportunity's!
This is the group of ladies that went to church together.


We went out for lunch afterwards, but were always aware to make sure our phones were working due to the fact that we were all still on stand-by!

We had hamburgers at a quaint little place in old town Alameda.


We are looking into getting 10 of us together to share a house and turn it into a crash pad. We are hoping that this house will work out, it is absolutly adoralble!! It is in Alameda, about 11 minutes from the airport.
This beach is within walking distance from the house we are looking at. The city in the background is San Francisco! How cool is that? Can you see the Golden Gate Bridge to the far right corner?

No comments:

 
Hit Counters