Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sites Along The Way.........

I hope you all enjoy these pictures as much as I have enjoyed the views from an airplane. The past few weeks have had their ups and downs..............when I am sitting on "Ready Reserve", in a crashpad (a hotel room with as many as 5 0r 6 other girls) missing my family, I will be honest enough to say it can be very lonely and discouraging................but..........when I'm flying whether it's helping passengers, watching out for their safety or just seeing the country and God's beauty I am at my peak!! I love my new job, I just have to pay the price for my low seniority! All of the senior employee's I work with tell me to "hang in there, the first year is the most difficult, after that it's all worth it!" It's with those words of encouragement I am able to keep on going, knowing it will get better.


These pictures were taken over the Colorado Rockies...............wow!

Today when I was reading my devotions I ran across this quote and it reminded me of these pictures.............."God gave man breath. Then he took man's breath away with the beauty, grandeur, and eloquence of a universe of marvels created by His own hand." Dave Branon














On the ground in Denver, Colorado..........viewing the mountains we had just flown over!



The following pictures are on our way into Detroit, Michigan...........I had flown the same route when I went to visit Sarah, Joe & Zeke in November. I thought I would show you a comparison of Fall & Winter.

This is lake Erie, frozen

The land is on the left and the lake with ice cracking on the right!

Amazing huh!



You can see the islands surrounded by the icy waters.

The white around the islands is ice. Soooooooo amazing!

Once again the white is ice around the island.

This picture shows a ship cutting through the ice...............

You can see where the ship started.

I took this picture when I went to visit Sarah, Joe & Zeke in November..............

this is a picture of the same island taken in February.

Taken in November........................

taken in February!
I am so blessed to be able to see these amazing sites..............hope you enjoy them through the eye of my camera!

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Hi Kathy,
I really have enjoyed watching the journey you are on. I have admired your courage and all your adventures. You are an inspiration to have accomplished what you have in your life. You go girl! Taryn
ps...yes, I love your pictures from the plane. I am afraid to fly. I am a coward!

 
Hit Counters