Thursday, November 13, 2008

Washington D.C.

When I first found out that my base was going to be in Baltimore I also found out that we would be a short distance away from Washington D.C. I couldn't wait to go. At the last minute a fellow Flight Attendant was not able to go with me so..............I decided to try this one on my own........how cool was that! I got up at 4:00 am to ride light rail to BWI airport, then caught Amtrak on to Union Station in D.C., quite the experience. One point I would like to make is that anytime I needed help or a question answered God always allowed me to find the right person..........I'd always look for the friendly face! Hope I don't bore you with all of the pictures. It was a very cold day. I am learning to dress in layers. I had on a turtleneck shirt, pullover sweater, Southwest fleece jacket and Southwest overcoat and gloves! Not once was I too warm!

Once again I would look for that friendly face to have someone take my picture.




There was still a little color left on the trees.



The dome in the Rotunda

This was absolutely beautiful!

The pictures are hand painted


On the wall inside of the Rotunda

The visitor center for the Smithsonian Institute



Smithsonian Institute

Inside the visitor center of the Smithsonian Institute


Inside the Smithsonian Institute


The Nature Smithsonian Institute



Hailey & Keagan, this is where I mailed your postcard.


Outside of the Post Office.




Walking on my way to the Lincoln Memorial.



Awesome!


The view from the Lincoln Memorial, wow!


Very sobering



Made you want to cry!



The entrance to Arlington Cemetery, my favorite site.




I love this picture, wish the lady on the right would not have been in it. This was a military family, thought it was a awesome picture.


Very cold, quite and yet beautiful!

How can you not appreciate the men who serve our country after being there!


OK, if you look really hard you can see the Nations Capitol in the center back ground, the Washington Monument on the left, I am standing at Arlington Cemetery..........I walked all of the way from the Capitol to where I was standing to take the picture. I started walking @ 8:00 a.m. and did not stop until I caught the train @ 5:00 p.m..............never have I been so TIRED!


For those family members who worry about me walking around by myself..........I did not just fall off of a turnip truck.........I took a picture of the map so that I could find my way back to Union Station! Hey, I'm learning that digital camera's are your best friend!

2 comments:

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

D.C. is amazing! Just being there leaves you feeling so proud to be an American. Glad you had a great trip! I can't wait to return.

Brian and Angela said...

The older one gets the more appreciation one can have for all the sights and scenes of D.C. I am so glad that you had this opportunity. I look forward to going back with the kids one day.
Angela

 
Hit Counters