Sunday, November 9, 2008

Three New Friends!

On Friday morning I left my crash pad @ 5:00 am for my first real fly time. This would be my first regular work schedule without someone mentoring me. I was soooooo nervous! As I have done often these past few months I found myself asking God to bless me with the right people to help me through this transition time. Once again, his faithfulness has shown through. I not only had a wonderful three days @ work but made three new friends, hopefully throughout my career. As many of you know with 1,1oo flight attendants @ Southwest Airlines it is not very often you fly with the same person. We are hopeing to be able to adjust our schedules to fly together some. Not only did I continue to learn from these fellow workers, but we had some really good belly laughs, (great for the soul!) Thanks, Holly, Lawanda & Glen (the captain) for a great weekend!
Lawanda is on the left, I met her first thing Friday morning.........she happened to be in my Taxi on the way to the airport. Somehow we both knew right away that we were Christians. Her husband is a Baptist Youth Pastor in Arkansas. They have been married for 16 years and have and continue to have a desire to have a family, much like Sarah & Joe...........so as you can guess, we had something in common from the start! The gentlemen in the middle was our captain........unlike some of the captains he was just like one of us..............easy to talk to and always buying us starbucks, lunch, candy, cookies, you name it! Holly was the life of the party, always had something funny to say! It was sad to see the weekend come to an end!
Once again I was able to ride in the cockpit. This time we were heading to Islip, New York.



This is a picture of Atlantic City

4 comments:

Matt + Ash said...

Mom, it is so fun to read through all your posts! It makes you not seem so far away when we see pictures of where you are. What amazing scenery you have. We miss you, but we are so happy to see your new friends! Love you.

Brian and Angela said...

Mom, Thank you for the pictures. Makes me want to fly. I hope that you are enjoying yourself and able to relax when you are not flying.I am so happy for you. I know how much you enjoy the holidays and hope that you get to see the country all decked out for the season. I check to see if you have anything new at least a couple of times a day. Dad watched the kids for a few hours the other night while we did some Christmas shopping. We really appreciated it. We have Landon and Claire for the next couple of days. No major injuries or incidents as of yet.
Brian

destinynoel said...

you look like youre really enjoying your new job! what amazing views you get to see!

Dawna Dutra said...

Kathy,

I'm enjoying keeping up with this exciting adventure in your life!
Thanks for always keeping things current on your blog.

So thankful that you have found a Christian friend. Isn't it amazing how our spirits are in sync with other
Christians?

 
Hit Counters