Monday, November 17, 2008

Kate, Mom & Snow!!

What a fun day today was! I left @ 6:00 a.m. and flew to Albany New York, where I rented a car and drove with my GPS, to Pottersville, New York where Katelynne is attending Word of Life Bible College. When I landed I had a text msg., from Katie welcoming me to snowy New York. Looking out the window I was hoping we were both in the same state, I couldn't see any snow! After a beautiful 45 minute drive the snow started appearing, how exciting!

I had the privalge of being the first family member to meet Matthew, a friend the family has noticed that Katelynne has mentioned alot! It didn't take long for me to fall in love with this wonderful friend! Only two draw backs.............he's from Michigan, and we already have two other Matt's in our family!


I took four starving college students out to Olive Garden for a fantastic lunch!


Dawnell, Katelynne & Kylie

Katie & Kylie have developed a beautiful friendship. I was so impressed with these two girls and their growth in the Lord!



Katelynne & Kylie in front of their dorm





I was most impressed with Christmas lights already hung in the dorm

and the wrapping paper door....

Their room looke great................well cleaned, was it because I was coming?

It was crazy cold!

The main attendance room, very nice!




Checking mail............

and Katelynne was excited to receive another card from Grandma McClendon.


The lake appers to be ready to freeze over.

It was a absolutly PERFECT day! Thanks Katie, Matt & Kylie!


The kids called the car I rented the, box

Pottersville, New York

4 comments:

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Looks like a great day. I know Katie was really looking forward to seeing you. Soooo, spill the beans on Matt!

Jaime said...

Glad to see you also have your Christmas lights up Kate! Just to warn you there are certain members of the Warta family that may not appreciate your festivities as we do!

Matt + Ash said...

How fun!! I am so jealous (about seeing Kate AND meeting Matt first) That's ok, soon enough I am guessing. :)

Brian and Angela said...

What a wonderful visit you had, mom. It is so exciting to see and follow your many adventures. Hailey asks daily (sometimes in the morning & immediately after school), "Did Grandma E-mail me today?" Your relationship with her has blossomed into something very beautiful.
Angela

 
Hit Counters