Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sites Along The Way


INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA
Crown Plaza Union Station, Hotel

The old Union Station Railroad was turned into a hotel.

This is one of the rail cars used for a hotel room. The cars are inside of the structure of the Hotel. Hard to explain, but a must site to see!!

The room to the right is one of our hotel rooms, you feel the era around you.


SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

I stayed at the Red Lion Inn Hotel, it had very nice accommodations

A government building in Salt Lake City

ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO

This is the Grand Hotel, rumor has it that it is haunted. The heat is fed through pipes, so it was a rather squeaky nights sleep...............ummm, haunted? Ha! I do find myself passing this trip up though, I'd rather go to Albuquerque when we're staying at the Hilton!

The view from my room. They had a snow storm a few days before our arrival. I tried to go for a walk..............made it to the end of the block, way too cold!!! It was 15 degree's with ice everywhere!!

The shadows on the mountains were beautiful before the sunset.

Another beautiful shot

I could watch the airplanes land from my room.


TUSCON, ARIZONA

This is the Radisson, much like a resort. Nice and warm, in the middle of Dec.

The hotel is like a studio apartment.

I love to have long overnights here, the bed is a adjustable sleep bed!


FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

Hilton Hotel

I arrived here two weeks after my stay in Buffalo, New York. It was the first time my bones felt warm!!

I had a corner room, it was in the 70's and I slept with the windows open, fantastic! I had trouble getting a good picture of the bed, the black on the back of the bed was actually lights......for some reason it wouldn't show up that way. Glad it wasn't in Albuquerque, New Mexico, could have said it was the ghosts!

It was gorgeous!

Even the bathroom had a Tiffany look! We always have treats waiting for us!

This is the view from my room. The hotels are on the shoreline of the beaches.


SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA

Holiday Inn On The Bay

My hotel was on the waterfront, the weather was in the 80's in January! Once again slept with the windows open and a breeze blowing through!


This is the view standing on my balcony! You can see the Southwest planes in the background taking off & landing.
Another plane landing.

Beautiful flowers.
I took these pictures while I was walking along the waterfront and talking to Sarah and then to Denise Warta.
This is the India Ship, it is one of the oldest ships around. It was literally right in front of my balcony.

You wonder how they get out........

I love the glow of the sunset, absolutely beautiful!!

2 comments:

Matt + Ash said...

I love seeing San Diego!! Thanks for the pictures mom! We love you.

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Makes me long for warm weather!

 
Hit Counters