Sunday, October 5, 2008

Two Amazing Weeks!!

I have a few minutes and the hotel computer is free so, I thought I'd give a quick up-date on this amazing journey God has allowed me to have. I first and foremost want to let everyone know that I have felt the prayers! Daily as I would sit down at the computer to take my 50 question test in 30 minutes, I would pray that God would bless my efforts of studying and allow my mind to focus.................without fail, I would start out overwhelmed feeling like this was going to be the test that I was going to fail! God's spirit would prompt me to remember, that I had so many people praying for me at home and he said, "if two or more would gather, he would be in the midst of them" the sense of peace would just carry me through the test. On a couple of the test, (the Boeing 737 in particular) I would thank God every time I was able to answer a question! (I got a 98%) can you believe that!!!!! Please continue to pray, I'm only half way through! This next week will be on medical aid, CPR and such. I expect this to be another challenge. We receive our uniforms this Thursday and will start wearing them everyday, what a privilege! On October 14th & 15th I will be doing my first fly. I will leave Dallas and fly to Houston, then to Denver where I will spend the night. I will leave @ 8:15 am from Denver, to Albq. New Mexico, Houston and back to Dallas!! Yes, I get to wear a big badge that will say that I am a Trainee, pray for me during that time! I cannot close without thanking my family and especially my Husband for all of the support and encouraging phone messages and text messages. Loren you ARE the best!! I love you and can't wait to be home! P.S. most of you have probibly already heard that I will be based in Baltimore, Maryland. (BWI airport) I cannot be transferred for 30 days, pray that I can be transfered to Oakland at that time! Gotta go, time for my drug test! Love to all, see you soon! Keep praying, please!
A grateful heart and much Love!!!
Kathy,
Mom
Nana

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Wow Mom! I am so glad I checked your blog! I didn't know you were able to post. So wonderful to hear from you. We (even Mya) pray for you SEVERAL times during the day. Isn't it such a blessing to know God hears us when we call on him? We are SO proud of you! Hugs and kisses....

Proudfoot Family said...

It's so good to hear from you. We are so proud of you and yes, even Zeke prays for you daily! We love you and know you're going to continue to do great.

Brian and Angela said...

I am amazed at how a simple blog can make you feel close to someone who is so far away. It was great to hear from you. You are in all of our prayers. Hailey and Brian are on the edge of their seats each night when dad calls to give us the update. We could not be more proud of you. You are so loved!

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

So surprised to see a post from you! We have so much confidence in you and pray for you all the time. We are all on this journey with you and know that you will do great! We're so proud of you and we miss you so!

Landon has been asking for you and we told him that Grandma is at school. His next question was, "Does she go to school with Cody?" :-)

Matt + Ash said...

Mom we are so excited and proud of you!! From the time we wake up to the time we fall asleep we are thinking and praying for you constantly! It's hard to believe how fast these few weeks have flown (for us anyways) and I can't wait to see you and hear all the stories that I'm sure you have. We love and miss you so much!

xoxo

P.S. @ Casey - what Landon said is too cute!!

 
Hit Counters