Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's A Dream Come True!

Wow, what a journey this has been. I don't know how to express my sincere "thanks" and appreciation to all of you for your support and prayers during this amazing time in my life! I graduated from Southwest Inflight Training on Friday, October 18th. I have never before felt God's guiding hand so strongly in my life. To know that so many people were praying for me was amazing! I have truly been humbled & blessed! Here are a few pictures taken during the past 4 weeks. Hope you enjoy!

As many of you already know, I would have not even been able to get my resume into Southwest Airlines if it weren't for an amazing friend and mentor in my life, Sandy McClendon! I had the privilege of having her pin my wings during my graduation ceremony, a moment I will never forget! Thank you Sandy!
It was another wonderful moment when Loren and Cody flew to Texas with Sandy to be at my graduation, also she was able to help guide them through the "art of flying standby"!

One of my instructor's in the middle, with my friend Sharon.

A friend I met on the first day at the Dallas airport. Victorija, is from Lithauanium and she has stolen my heart! I love seeing her love and appreciation for America!

This was my study group, a great fit for me since two of them were teachers! Other than the gentlemen, I'm the baby of the group.........two are 59 & one is 60 years old!

The girl on the left is Rose, she ran out of all of her "lifeline's" by Friday of the first week. The class loved her beautiful spirit.........everyone made it a point to see that she graduated! Everynight someone would study with her to make sure she would pass, and she did!

This is Carlotta, my roomate.



The gentlemen on the left was an instructor, we didn't know until the last week that we had been labeled the "girls" by the instructors, because we were always up front.

We are pointing to our new home base, Baltimore. The girl on her knees in the white shirt is from Buffalo, New York where Matt & Jaime live!

This is called the "Dallas" room, it was our main meeting room. We spent many hours sitting with straight backs, feet flat (and doing everything to stay awake!)

Learning a how to use life jackets.

Pretending to be flight attendents the first week of class!

The three of us are all from the Sacramento area, we interviewed together and were the only ones that made it to training out of the group interview. The middle girl, Patty was sent home on the last Monday before graduation.

Inside the Cockpit, now called the "Flight Deck"

Once again, a Big "Thank You" for all of your prayers and support! It was an amazing journey!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kathy! It sounds like the training and tests were a lot of hard work! Glad to see everything is going well for you and look forward to reading more posts!

Sarah said...

Way to go Kathy! I have been praying for you and hope to see you on my next Southwest Flight! :) Not that I fly much anymore these days... :)
Continued prayers for you! I am so excited for you! You are living a dream I always thought would be so fun!
Sarah Houston

Proudfoot Family said...

Yeah!! Pictures!!!I'm so glad to finally see you in that uniform. Once again, we're so proud of you and all your hard work. We can't wait to have you visit and tell us more in person.

emily said...

Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment!

Learning to Love said...

Congratulations Kathy! How exciting to begin this new adventure in your life! Enjoy the rewards of all your hard work:) We are proud of you!
~Talia

Stephanie said...

Hi Kathy!Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I am a little sad though because every year when we go and visit my husbands parents we normally fly into BWI because it is so much cheaper this is the one year we are flying Southwest into Dulles! I would have so loved if you were our flight attendant!
Congratuations!

Matt + Ash said...

So cute in the uniform mom! Hope your flight today went well. We will ALWAYS be praying for you while you're up in the skies. Guess my nightly prayer for dad (to be careful) really applies to you too now! Can't wait to see you again this weekend.

p.s. Have I mentioned how PROUD we are of you??

Jaime said...

What can I say? You look like a perfect fit in the Southwest attire. You are a great inspiration. Isn't God awesome?Loved seeing the photos! Can't tell you how excited we are to see you!!! We're all sending TONS of hugs and kisses. See you soon!

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

Hi Kathy,
I've been following your blog along with many others. Congrat(s) on your graduation. I'm sure you will do a wonderful job in your new career.
When I was in elementry school I told everyone when "I grew up", I wanted to be a flight attendant. Of course, they were not called "flight attendants" way back then. Well, that's not the path I took. (Who knows what the future has to hold for me).
I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
"Happy Flying"

Karen said...

I found your blog my clicking on "next blog". What a great blog and family. It was fun to enjoy Baltimore through your pictures and comments. I love the east and miss it terribly. The music you have playing is just awesome. Thanks for letting your blog be public and thanks for sharing.

Karen B. Riverton, Utah

 
Hit Counters