Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Memories Of A Special House!

Once again I found myself taking that long drive, loving the back roads, to a small town that has brought our family many treasured memories. My heart was filled with so many emotions as I began to think back over the past few years. When I arrived in Gridley I would be helping yet another one of my children pack up their belongings and move across this beautiful country of ours! As I pulled into the driveway I could once again hear all of the laughter and excitement we often shared at this very special house that was a beautiful home to two of our daughters! I thought it would be fun to share some of our memories........

Papa, Keagan and Buckeye, Thanksgiving Day 2005, just before we headed out for our annual Thanksgiving walk.

Thanksgiving Dinner 2005..............Cody you sure have grown up!

Enjoying photo albums.........

Family game time

The excitement of Zeke's arrival!

Zeke's first day at home...............I remember Sarah telling us how she had narrated to Zeke all the way from Sacramento, as they past places along the way that would one day be special to him!

Zeke's nursery had been waiting for him.........we couldn't wait to have him in it!

The sad day when we had to pack Joe, Sarah and Zeke up and say good-bye!

A circle of prayer as we sent them on their way.................

..........then there was the joyful newlyweds, and all of the excitement they brought back into the home!

Ashlie & Matt were always feeding someone......................it was fun watching her making dinner for us.............but it was weird tooo..............it often felt like it was Sarah still living there!

Ashlie added her own touch, and brought a cozy feeling back, and once again it felt good!



Ashlie hosted Matt's graduation party in May.........great job, Ashlie!

Matt & Ashlies brothers and sister, enjoying to great food.


So, once again here we are packing it all up! Bethany was helping us.

It's time for another sad good-bye....................but I'm so grateful for the wonderful memories! This Old House has been a wonderful home!

No comments:

 
Hit Counters