Monday, May 25, 2009

How Interesting..........

Yesterday I was flying in the front as an "A" flight attendant. An elderly man boarded early with his wife and daughter. The daughter told me that her father was 82 yrs. old and this was the first time he had ever flown!! I love those stories...........so I did what I like to do........I took a picture so they would have a keepsake. In asking for their e-mail address I also asked what his name was. He told me it was Bill. I told him how special that name was to me because my fathers name was "Bill". He then proceeded to introduce me to his wife whose name was "Betty", wow!! Betty is my Mom's name!! As we continued to talk he shared that he also had a daughter named "Kathy"!! They had four children, my parents had four children!! They had three girls and one boy, my parents had three boys and one girl!! How interesting!!! I love this job when you are able to touch lives!

Today I flew with many military personel and Southwest allows us to pay tribute to them, that too was fun! On one of my flights as we were honoring our military, we also were trying to make the flight extra special for a family of six that were flying to Disney World with the "Make A Wish" foundation. Their young son was gravely ill............we were on a 4 hr. flight and everyone made it extra special for them. One family came forward and gave them 6 movie tickets to enjoy! It's so fun finding ways to make people smile!

No comments:

 
Hit Counters