Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July in Corpus Christi, Texas

Once again, the wonderful benefits of my job with Southwest Airlines.................Loren and Cody were able to get up @ 3:00 am on Sat. July 4th and travel with me to Oakland where they flew on my plane from Oakland to Houston, then on to Corpus Christi. It was so much fun to able to fly together........... I had a great crew on top of it!!!
Cody checking out the view from our hotel!

The pool was on the 3rd level, we were on the 15th floor!




Here you can see the different breaker walls protecting from the Gulf of Mexico. The long straight one is the one we were able to walk to the end of and sit down and watch the fireworks being shot off of a ship on the water!



Love the flag!

Even though my grandkids weren't in this parade (and I did miss not getting to see them in theirs) or my son wasn't helping to organize it..................we were still able to watch a 4th of July parade............complete with firetruck!




We were amazed at the size of the life boat! So who got to get in?
Full view of the ship

Our hotel is in the background.

We took a stroll along the beach and were so surprised how warm the water was!
It was warmer than when we went to Hawaii!
Yes, of course there were crowds!

Comparing sea shells

Once again, our hotel is in the background.

Cody and I love going to the top of the hotels to get the best views! We have to leave Loren behind..........he doesn't enjoy the heights that we do! Here we are on the 20th floor!

One of the pictures we got from the top of the hotel.............this is a oil refinery's at sunset!

Sometimes Cody and I rode the elevators................
other times we ran up the stairs, it was alot of fun being a kid again!

Waiting for the fireworks to begin!


.................they were awesome!

Heading back to Houston on the the 5th............Loren and Cody headed home and I continued on with my 3-day trip! It's nice getting paid to take a vacation!
This was the next best thing to having my family all together on the 4th of July!




I HAVE TWO GREAT GUYS...........AND THEY SURE DO KNOW HOW TO HAVE SOME FUN!
In June I was sent to Seattle, Washington for a long overnight soooooo Cody and Loren decided to catch up with me. When I walked out of my hotel room this is who was standing there!
Our hotel
The view from a glass elevator.
We even got Loren on the glass elevator..........not really his thing!
We had a fun dinner at a 50's diner!
The only thing about this trip for the guys was that the planes are now quite full with summer travelers and they have to fly space available! They spent the whole next day, from 6:30 am to midnight trying to find their way back to Sacramento! This was via, Boise Idaho, Las Vegas, Los Angeles then finally Sacramento! Funny thing is I had my next overnight in Los Angeles. My hotel was walking distance from the airport, so I walked to the airport to spend some time with my weary travelers.........

This is how it looked! The picture isn't too clear but you get the just of it!! You guys are the best! They finally arrived home around midnight on Sunday night!

In May, Loren and Cody surprised me by showing up on one of the legs of my trips.........it was my last leg in Los Angles before heading home. They boarded the plane, rode back with us then drove me home from Oakland after having a fun dinner together! These two are ALWAYS full of surprises! Thanks guys!

They had a perfect plan to surprise me by giving this note & candy to one of the flight attendants to give to me...........only thing was I spotted Cody getting on the plane. At first I was a little confused..............then I quickly figured it out! Good job, guys!!

ARE WE HAVING FUN FLYING SOUTHWEST OR WHAT!!!!

1 comment:

Sharon, Max said...

I think the guys are enjoying your job more than you are. Hope you catch a flight to OKC soon. Wait til it cools off some!

 
Hit Counters